DLP projectors powered by Lasers are finally here and it looks like this is the biggest change to the projector world in the last 5 years. Just Projectors saw the BenQ LX60ST and the BenQ LW61ST projectors at the BETT education show and were amazed how far the lamp free technology has improved from the Hybrid DLP range available.
The concept of having a lamp with a life of 20,000 hours is not new to the market but powering it by a laser and a colour wheel giving a stunning 80,000:1 contrast ratio means that it is 4000 times better than its competitors. It’s great to have some real competition out there now!
Other benefits include a brand new power saving option which means up to 90% less power consumption will make the BenQ laser ranger very popular with schools, colleges and universities. Instant on feature with startup times as little as 5 seconds is yet another great feature for the classroom but also for the boardroom and on the go presenters.
Other great aspects to the new Laser projector range from BenQ is:
- No colour fading, this is only achievable with the Laser LED combination
- Environmentally friendly mercury-free light source
- Manual brightness adjustment setting to suit different surroundings.
- Eco Blank Mode – Great for teachers, enables you to blank the projector screen to redirect students focus and lowers power consumption down to 10%
- SmartEco Mode – The projector automatically decides the optimum brightness level by the input source to give the user the best contrast for their image
- No source detected mode – Feature which automatically lowers the projector’s brightness to 10% when no display source has been detected for over 3 minutes
It isn’t surprising that BenQ have launched their first laser projectors as short throw 0.6:1 & 0.49:1 throw ratios respectively, with 2000 lumens ensuring a good level of brightness (always need a lower level of lumens on short throw projectors as the image has less distance to travel) as this sits very well for the growth in ultra short throw projectors. And just to make sure you get the most from the projector it comes with the following:- LAN display, USB display, 2 x 10w built in speakers, microphone input and iPhone/iPad wireless display support meaning you are getting a great deal of features and future proofing yourself.
Yes, these projectors are going to cost more but taking into consideration savings on lamp life, the time to source and change lamps, reduction in installation costs and the stability of the technology compared to the other long lamp life technology where people have had a problem with colours fading, these projectors are going to be the way forward.
We at Just Projectors believe that this brand new DLP Laser powered projector technology is going to change the way of projectors forever. The BenQ LX 60ST and LW 61ST will be available in the next couple of weeks. For more information on the BenQ laser range, please visit www.projectors.co.uk or Call our experts on 0800 027 7785 / 01189 070703